Out of the 7.8 billion people on the planet, 3.8 Billion People are active social media users.
Social media marketing, or SMM, is an embodiment of internet marketing that entails creating and sharing content on social media platforms in order to accomplish your marketing and branding goals.
Social media marketing is one of the most robust ways for businesses to reach prospective customers. It includes activities such as posting text and image updates, videos, and other content aimed at driving audience engagement.
The benefits of Social media marketing are numerous. This form of marketing helps your business;
- Create Brand Recognition
- Generate A Conversation Around Your Brand
- Learn How To Connect With Your Audience Through Social Listening
- Tell Your Brand’s Story
- Gather Data From Audience Research To Improve
- Provide Exceptional Customer Service That Keeps Your Followers Happy
- Build Customer Loyalty
To get started with social media marketing, you will need a strategy. Without a strategy, you might be posting on social media platforms for the sake of posting. Without understanding what your goals are, who your target audience is, and what they want, it’ll be hard to achieve results on social media.The following steps are crucial for your strategy;
- Choose social media marketing goals that align with business objectives: The first stride to developing a winning strategy is to clearly define your objectives and goals. This will help you when it comes to measuring success.
- Learn everything you can about your audience: Understanding what your audience wants is crucial. That way you can create content that they will like.
- Know your competition: there is a probability that similar businesses to yours are already on social media, you can use this to your advantage by carrying out an analysis of what they are doing well and what they are not doing well.
- Carry out a social media audit: An audit portrays a picture of what is working and what is not.
- Set up accounts on various platforms and improve profiles: You will need to decide which platforms to use and set them up in a way that aligns to your strategy.
- Set up a social media content calendar: A social media content calendar lists the dates and times at which you will publish types of content on various platforms to achieve maximal impact.
- Ensure you evaluate and adjust your strategy: Once you have set up your strategy you’ll need to keep on re-evaluating what works and what does not.
Social Media Marketing is greatly rewarding as it helps you reach a wide audience at minimal cost to your business.
You are probably wondering, So, What’s next? When you’re ready to get started on social media marketing, we’re here to help…